Thursday, August 28, 2008

Round 5: Primates of the Caribbean 3.5 -- Team Voja 0.5

Well, we clinched the U2000 Maple Division with a round to go with a well played round across all four boards, with only Tom giving up a draw after winning a pawn on move 7. With Don taking the week off, we were matched up rating-wise pretty closely with Team Voja and the final score doesn't indicate how close some of the games were. On a personal note, I finally won a game, defeating Cappelo-upgrate in a variation that I actually had studied quite a bit and played a similar game back in December 2007 -- unluckily for Cappelo, who probably was wondering what hit him. As it is my first win in 5 rounds, I will definitely publish it (I still owe the game from round 4).

We go into Round 6 with Tom taking the week off as he is playing in a 3 day tournament this weekend. And the first result is already in, with Don winning (again! I think he is 4-0-0). Here is the lineup. Once I get Nosferaut1's scheduled game time, I'll post that:

Campagnolo (2043) White - Kinghunter08 (2172) Black: Monday Sep 1 @ 1900

Holm (1900) Black - DFME (2000) White: Monday Sep @ 1500

dnmuscg (1891) 1 - Ehab (1837) 0

Nosferatu1 (1835) Black - Ernie1 (1669) White: TBD

No comments: