Thursday, August 21, 2008

Round 4 results: We draw v Fischer Disciples

Well, after Don blazed a beautiful trail, upsetting his opponent ranked 150 higher than him (with Black no less), Tom & I both stumbled to different degrees then it was up to Nosferatu1 to save our bacon (which he did) and the match with a well earned draw. Tom had white and the Yugoslav attack v the Dragon, went up the exchange but gave back the exchange to what I thought was a fairly even R+P ending. But alas for Tom, he could not hold it. But this accounts for only his first loss in the tournament. As for me, it was an interesting and instructive game full of errors, a reversed Maroczy Bind (if there is such an animal, but that it is how I played it). I had the game won at least twice, so did Ser-Enigma, my opponent. In the end, we split the point. I'll post the game, once I get some more of my thoughts down on it.

I also nominated Don's game for "Game of the Week", but to be fair this week's entries all were pretty good games, so he is in my opinion a long shot to win this week's award.

BREAK BREAK

Round 5 Pirates of the Caribbean v Voja 2000

Here is the lineup (Don has the week off)

Cappelo-upgrate (2164) White - Campagnolo (2043) Black @ Aug 22, 17:00

Proudchess (1880) Black - Nosalt (1999) White @ Aug 23, 13:00

Alo (1839) White - Holm (Black) 1900 @Aug 27, 15:00

Touchthis (1819) Black - Nosferatu1 (1835) White @ Aug 24, 12:00

Overalll, we still remain in 1st place in the Maple Division with 2 rounds left. Everyone (with the exception of me! Argh! Double Argh!!) is playing really well, and I still contend we are going to be tough to beat.

No comments: