Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Primates take a Holiday!

We wrapped up tournament 46 in solidly middling fashion, with Steve playing like a superhuman on Board 4, Fabio getting the hang of the 45 45 league, and me playing like a complete chucklehead. As a result we missed out on the playoffs (but to be fair we were only 3rd in our division). Ironically, I somewhat reluctantly decided to join a U2200 team "Rhenium" but more as a role player (or as I prefer to call myself a "scrubstitute"). But as it turned out, Team Rhenium had their board 4 suspended from league play after Round 2 due to numerous forfeits, and thus I became a "starter". Furthermore, Team Rhenium proved tough competition, plowing through their opponents undefeated, winning the division and going to the playoffs. Whilst I truly enjoyed playing 2 matches a weeks, my schedule is decidedly busier now that to play on 2 teams would prove problematic. Therefore with an open invitation to play on Board 4 for Team Rhenium in Tournament 47 (I don't know what the Team Captain Paulkov is thinking, he must be delusional), I have decided that the Primates are going on vacation for a bit, but will return once Paulkov realizes the errors of his ways.

I have truly enjoyed this team and the players who played alongside-whether just for 1 tournament or for many. Thanks, guys!

No fear though, as I still have many stories to tell. You can also follow Team Rhenium here:

http://chesselements.blogspot.com/

No comments: