Saturday, September 20, 2008

Playoff Round 1: Primates 2 - The Peons 2

Well, I have to say I am a bit disappointed -- not sure why exactly. We drew the match with the Peons 2-2, but lost out on tiebreaks, which ironically was the number forfeited games you had. We had 2, Peons had 1 -- so they advance. I am kinda scratching my head here: we didn't lose a single match all season and had the best record, and yet here we are spectators -- without losing a match.

And I feel guilty. Here is why:
1. I play my match against Nfork, who has me outrated by 200+ points. But I have white, so can dictate the position. We go into the famous IQP position played a billion times before that have arisen from Queen's Gambits, Nimzoindians and Caro-Kanns. It turns in to a very interesting R & opposite colored bishop ending, which we draw. But the thing is, in looking back over the game, I think I should have pushed for the win, which would have clinched the match. It was probably a draw, but then again perhaps not. OBTW, I will post it (I know, I have at least 3 games I need to post).
2. So we are up 2 - 1 with 1 game to go: Holm's game. I leave him a message that all we need is a draw. He ends up losing (and to add insult to injury it is the Game of the Week -- which I do not think it was. Don had a pretty ending that I think merited the honors). Did I influence Holm, which cost him the game?

Oh well, our entire team is coming back for T39. We should be tough!!!!!

No comments: